Lore's Elementals

An archive of the good and bad times between a small group of teenagers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chat Box Rules? A constitution?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Do you people not even read the titles? Sometimes I swear you guys click on threads without even reading it's topic, sheesh!

HAULT! I will go against the rules for five seconds and make a small request here!:

Well, here are the topics I am requesting be deleted BECAUSE they no longer apply to some of us OR they contain certain things that some of us do not want being read any more.... ehm...:

Stone Chat > Apologies and Confessions
...You all know why...

ALSO, Can we make it a monthly thing to change the forum motto? i.e. Have a monthly slogan contest. Our motto isn't so "catchy" or "clever". It's to... direct for some of our very indirect (CANRY!) thoughts.

Back on topic!:

Also, we should make some rules for the chat box on what CAN and CAN'T be taked about or said there. i.e.

1. No discrimination or judgement by religion, race or belief.
Fira was up my case a while ago for telling people not to say the Lord's name in vain. This will also rule out racist jokes and any one who thinks it's funny to be rude to people because of there thoughts on things. (hmph!)

2. No correcting people on grammar and spelling. Only if they give you permission to.
Another thing Fira and a few others were annoyed with. You're typing pretty fast there so it's easy to make mistakes.

3. Please keep horny discussions to a minimum.
...What? We ARE teens. It's nothing to be ashamed of... sort of...

4. No pictures in the chat box!
It causes lag.

5. People can NOT just clear the message any time they want to. Archive is there for a reason.
I know someone who is culpret to this. If you'd like to have private dscussions, there is PM, but WHATEVER you write on chat box should be allowed to be read by the people of the forum.

6. No extremem spamming.
...So maybe this one applies to me mostly. I'm sorry OK! I even out lawed it, see?

I still think we should write a constitution for the forum. I'd do all the writing! Once 3/4 of the active users had approved and helped to make ammendments and a bill of rights, we could pass it and keep it on a permenemt spot on a topic! Wouldn't that be great!? It's a bit much, but then we wouldn't have to keep adding so many rules over and over again. We'd just ammened the LE constitution!

Last edited by Akane on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Umm... Ixnay the constitution...ay. And as for the rules... #4 is already a rule, you have to post a link. And the others limit our free speech rights. And the Admins are the only ones who can clear messages, and they have no one above them to say no, so it's really not our choice. They have lot'sa private conversations. Sorry, Akora(bwahaha, blended your names) but I disagree.
Back to top Go down
Clur
hey there
hey there

Number of posts : 9558

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:28 pm

uhhh, akane, nat made chatbox rules awhile ago. also, I WAS KIDDING ABOUT INVITING SMITH TO THE FORUM! *sighs* no need to go overboard by deleting things or changing your posts. that's a bit much.

and...we just changed the darn motto. maybe we'll add it to the next contest as a prize or something, but not for awhile unless a few other people want to change it.

btw....a constitution? i think someone suggested that already. it was almost immediately killed.

EDIT: just noticed the clearing messages thing. i have one thing to say to that. its a bit hypocritical when you say that people should be able to read things other people have said on the chatbox when you yourself want some topics deleted because of things you said in them.
Back to top Go down
http://avianoptometrist.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Sheesh! OK OK, O'm sorry I'm not very informed! And Fira, I was refering to the comment I made about having thoughts of suicide. I don't want people reading that about me. I don't care about any of the other stuff. And you were kidding? You need to be more resonable when you kid around. You're talking to a very GULLIBLE blondy, you know.

And DK, in the constitution, it specificly says that ALL MEN ARE EQUIL, so racism is out of the question ANY WHERE, but does the gorvernment do any thing> Yes, but not for every little thing they see. Still, it makes sense. And it also says that we are to respect all beliefs and such, so we should repect each other. That's all i'm saying here. I suppose the horny thing can be omitted, but it's one of Natty's forum rules that there is no M rated posts and such, well EXTREMLY M rated posts, I suppose. Still, we'd have to ask her. She IS admin after all... Fira is only second in command, so I respect Natalie 60 times more.
Back to top Go down
Clur
hey there
hey there

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 pm

gee, thanks. >.<

anyways, you really should check some topics in admin announcements before you make any topics here about rules. it creates spamness. anyways, maybe that's true about the constitution, but haven't had any racist issues here. so the rule is unnessesary until we get a big racist issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Well, same here, but the government doesn't do all it could because arresting someone for racist or religious views goes against the FIRST amendment, which is the one that actually sets America apart from all the other countries as the next level of development. We screwed that up, but still, that's only because everyone born in America is very vain, even the people who hate vanity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:54 pm

...I started writing a Constitution anyway. Here's the draft, sorry if I messed up on roman numerals:

Ton Constitution of Lore's Elemental Forum

Preamble

We the people of Lore’s Element forum, in order to form a more perfect forum, establish fairness, stride for domestic harmony, provide for the common defense, support the generic welfare of the people, and ensure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution of Lore’s Element Forum.

Article I: The Moderator’s Branch

All Moderator powers shall be given appoint by Nat, the branch consisting of two houses, the Coach and the Admin’s Closest.

Section I:

Section II:

Section III:

Section IV:

Article II: The Admin’s Branch

Article III: The Member’s Branch

Article IV: The Dictatorship of Influenced Democracy

Article IIV: The Box of Chatter

Article IIIV: Impeachment

Article VV: The Bill of Rights

Last edited by Akane on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Errors, of course.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Your good at spelling admin
Back to top Go down
Clur
hey there
hey there

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:38 pm

you're good at spelling you're.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Okay, Akane, stop it. We're a group of people who like-... Who mostly like one another and just hang out on here because it's the only place we can be ourselves without other people judging us or rules keeping us from being the person we actually are. Everything you are doing *waves hands in a circular motion around everything she is doing* is keeping that from happening. It is the antithesis of what has been strived for by the Geek/Nerd/Etcetera Kingdom for years... a place where we can do the things we like without the restrictions of 'normal' society screwing with us. That- *points at constitution, then holds finger pointed for dramatic effect* -is normal society, I say thee! Well, sort of, you're the only person i know who would want to write a constitution for a web group, but... The idea behind it is. So there. I ranted. And I ranted hard Twisted Evil . So now, it's just what the other people think is best, me guesses...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: No comment!   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Well If You guys didn't want a constitution, YOU COULD HAVE LITERALLY GONE OUT AND SAID SO! So much for holiday cheer and being nice to other people who are just as picked on and nerded as you people are... Sometimes, people can be very intolerant and really unfair to other people who have very similar problems of their own. Try walking a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge them. If that means listening to their conversations and noticing things about them — which some people think of as stalkerish behavior — then so be it. I don't give a damn if it makes you feel like a stalker, but it makes people TOLERANT of one another and KIND to each other because they know that other people have problems more so then themselves. I'm sorry for wanting just a little bt of order, just some sort of boundry to make those of you who are rude to the rest of us get the picture that we, the ruded, get enough you-know-what-swear-word from all those you-know-what-swear-word kids at school. I just wanted a constitution and some chat box rules because all everyone does these days is pick on everyone else!

Happy Holidays, you know. See you next year... =| I'd tell you my holiday plans, but apparently, I waste to much time on you guys. And I'm not going to be logging on again until I can forget '09. Well, most of it anyway... Why do you people think I left the forum in the first place?

Last edited by Akane on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Errors, of course.)
Back to top Go down
DracosKoori
Nat's Dragon
Nat's Dragon

Number of posts : 8879

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 pm

geez people.

I leave for a day and this happens...

Akane, if you DO check this...you're right about some things...

the discriminatory thing though, well I'm sure no one means anything by it...if they do, then they really do need to stop.

As for deleting some stuff/posts. Ask a favor from fira, she is your friend afterall.

and the chatbox clearing...the only people who can clear are Fira and Nat. They have reasons for clearing. Just gotta live with that one.

and the motto...I like that idea.

Constitution? not so great...BUT if you talk to Nat about it FIRST then mayhaps.
Back to top Go down
Clur
hey there
hey there

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Shocked

uhhh...akane flew off the handle? darn it, i leave for two hours and this happens. *sigh*

you're not the only one nerded on, akane. i STILL get nerded on, and i'm sure do does everyone else in the forum. (nat especially) just because we reject your ideas does not mean that we're uncaring jerks or whatever. we just didn't like the idea. no need to flip out. Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:47 pm

DragonKing Err again wrote:
Umm... Ixnay the constitution...ay.

First response, Akane, not to insult you. And some people have simply taken in all of the negativity and brutality directed towards them and have had no medium to take it out on, nobody to talk with it about, no way to get rid of the n&b and thusly were socially and emotionally scarred even more than the natural g/n/etc.(see last post) and so have to dish out the same treatment they received because if they didn't, they wouldn't be able to socially function at all. I, for one, have to tell one of my best friends that he sucks almost every conversation we have to feel like it's normal.
Back to top Go down
Nat
Boob Demon

Number of posts : 8154
Humor : [20:35:52] @ AvianOptometrist : OH SWEET JESUS MUFFINS I FOUND MY GUM ~ [21:58:49] @ Viceroy of Fandom : regina, put the crack away. ~ [00:26:36 05/02/12] Nat's Fanboy : ... ~ [22:05:13] メトロイド is away : being sexy ~ [21:56:19 20/01/12] メトロイド : EDUCATE ME IN THE WAYS OF YOUR BOOBS CLAIRE ~ [22:22:50 20/01/12] メトロイド : That's going to mess me up one day. I'm going to be talking to my boss or something and my phone will spit out ''give me a sex'' and my life will be ruined ~ [21:09:08 28/12/11] Regina : were you all, ''oh you tripped let me help you up like a hero and have you fall in love with me because i am the only human to show you kindness'' or something like that? ,[21:10:05 28/12/11] メトロイド : No, my life is not the plot of a romance manga, [21:10:21 28/12/11] @ Fira : darn

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:54 pm

-.- god dammit,people!

u really should wait for me to post
or,better yet,tell me whats goin on via cell or IM *sideglance at Lloyd,Claire,Scol,and Tri*

*long sigh*
well,Acane,the rules u wrote,they r pretty much already set in the rules i wrote a LOOOONG time ago
the problem is that no one really pays attention

*holds up a finger before anyone could protest* AND "NO ONE" DOESNT HAVE TO MEAN THE PPL WHO DO FOLLOW THOSE RULES

*clears her throat* also,we dont need a constitution for a small box we use to talk to each other about other things privetly(well,to an extent. in the least,in the chatbox,we're able to erase stuff before ppl read it,or they could just not read it)

i recall once we had the "Natamendments"
which crashed and burned

also,im sorry for people being mean (*punts Claire and DK*) wont happen again(if i can help it. *pure evil glaire she uses on Chase toward those with a history of that*)

oh,BTW,the motto
we DID just change it,so it doesnt need to be replaced
but its short,so Claire and i will accept if anyone has an idea for an ADDITION to it
Back to top Go down
http://loreselementals.4rumer.com

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:58 pm

When was I being mean (here)? I was stating my case. It's not my fault if she flips out at it.
Back to top Go down
Nat
Boob Demon

Number of posts : 8154
Humor : [20:35:52] @ AvianOptometrist : OH SWEET JESUS MUFFINS I FOUND MY GUM ~ [21:58:49] @ Viceroy of Fandom : regina, put the crack away. ~ [00:26:36 05/02/12] Nat's Fanboy : ... ~ [22:05:13] メトロイド is away : being sexy ~ [21:56:19 20/01/12] メトロイド : EDUCATE ME IN THE WAYS OF YOUR BOOBS CLAIRE ~ [22:22:50 20/01/12] メトロイド : That's going to mess me up one day. I'm going to be talking to my boss or something and my phone will spit out ''give me a sex'' and my life will be ruined ~ [21:09:08 28/12/11] Regina : were you all, ''oh you tripped let me help you up like a hero and have you fall in love with me because i am the only human to show you kindness'' or something like that? ,[21:10:05 28/12/11] メトロイド : No, my life is not the plot of a romance manga, [21:10:21 28/12/11] @ Fira : darn

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:04 pm

the truth hurts
and i dont want one of my fwends to be hurt :(

no offence. ur my friend too,but i must look out for her too
we Illinois girls gotta stick together Razz
Back to top Go down
http://loreselementals.4rumer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules? A constitution?   

Back to top Go down

Chat Box Rules? A constitution?
Page 1 of 1